Sunday, August 15, 2010

Morning Bible Study

As I was sitting here reading my daily Bible scripture, I read Psalms 91:4 4 "He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler."  My mind immediately shifted to my chickens.  My momma hen to be exact.  When she senses danger, she clucks and all her babies come to her, she raises her wings and they scoot up under and hide quietly from any threats that may surround them.

I had one hen a year or two ago who literally died while protecting her babies.  That is exactly what Jesus did for us.  Some folks would think that He left upon His death, but He didn't.  He had to follow the Plan.  Without that action on His part, the old church would still be stuck in its rut and the Gentiles would have no real way to get to Jesus and be blessed with salvation.  Without that Plan, we would still be languishing in sin without a way to get away from it.

I thank God and Jesus for being my rock and my salvation...the place I can go to in times of trouble.  For deliverance from all those bad things that just wait for us.  For allowing us to make the decision to do as He does or to do as we will.  I love doing what He does, there are way more blessings doing things Jesus' way. It's just the right thing to do.

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment