Thursday, August 26, 2010

Adventures in Pattern Alterations.

Recently I took a trip to my lfs and fell in love with a pattern for a blouse there. And as is my very predictable habit, I purchased said pattern And brought it home with me.  This time I determined that my new pattern will not languish alongside the rest of the patterns in my ever growing collection. The main reason they are all sitting there, waiting, is that I don't know how to alter patterns.  Store bought clothes look "okay", but I want clothes that really fit me.  That sounds just a tiny bit selfish, I know, But I hate buying clothes that look good on a hanger, bug only mediocre on me.  And having a "full" bust creates the need for pattern alterations.  So, my adventure has begun. I've researched many different websites and reading different books on the subject.  So far I've ended up with a blouse muslin that now fits in the bust, but is tight across the back and the arm holes are smaller. I won't share a pic of how that looked on..lol.  That said I'm going to put my adventure on hold this evening and curl up with my newest baby in front of the television. Isn't she sweet? Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. You are brave. I'm yet to have the courage to make something for myself.

    ReplyDelete